FEIN Manufacturer's Limited Warranty Statement – United States of America (As at 28 September 2020)
Every FEIN power tool is thoroughly tested and checked and is subject to strict quality controls carried out by FEIN's own quality assurance team.
STANDARD WARRANTY – ONE YEAR
For the applicable Warranty Period (as detailed below), FEIN Power Tools Inc. (“FEIN”) warrants to the original purchaser that the FEIN tool covered under this limited warranty is free from material defects in material and workmanship.
FEIN may, at its sole discretion, choose to remedy a recognised warranty claim as it sees fit in one of two ways: firstly, FEIN can repair the tool for free for the original purchaser; or, secondly, FEIN can instead choose to replace the defective tool with a conforming replacement tool or part(s) as applicable (under some circumstances with its closest successor model).
Replaced parts or tools become the property of FEIN.
The FEIN manufacturer's limited, one-year warranty is granted under the following conditions:
- The standard warranty period is one (1) year (as further detailed in the Warranty Period provisions below). For FEIN products specifically listed as eligible, an extended warranty period (the “FEIN 3 Years Plus Warranty”) of an additional two (2) years (total of 3 years) is available with registration, subject to terms and conditions of extended warranty as set forth below. The warranty periods start on the date when the first user purchases the product.
- This limited warranty is non-transferable and applies only to the original purchaser of the tool, with proof of purchase. Products that have already been registered and sold on (second-hand products) are excluded from the programme. The risk and responsibility of determining whether a purchase is an original purchase, or second-hand, rests solely with the purchaser.
Exclusions, Dislaimers and Limitations
- OTHER THAN THE EXPRESS WARRANTIES PROVIDED FOR HEREIN, FEIN POWER TOOLS INC. MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ALL INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED.
- Your sole and exclusive remedy for breach of warranty hereunder shall be limited to repair or replacement of non-conforming parts and machines.
- The FEIN warranty does not apply to products which, after our inspection, are determined to have been damaged due to neglect, abuse, overloading, operation with incompatible voltages or types of electricity, accident, or improper usage.
- The limited warranty covers only use of products under normal, consumer use. Use in sectors or applications with heavy wear and tear (e.g. industrial use) may have a negative impact on the service life. In such cases, FEIN reserves the right to reject warranty coverage for improper / over usage, outside of normal, consumer use.
- The following are excluded from warranty:
- Tool parts, which are subject to wear resulting from regular use or other forms of natural wear (carbon brushes or armatures, for example) and therefore have a limited service life, as well as other damage to power tools, which can be traced back to wear resulting from regular use or other forms of natural wear. Cases where high loads mean that the service life is reached before the warranty period has expired are not therefore deficiencies and are not covered by the FEIN manufacturer's warranty.
- Damage caused by force majeure such as fire, explosion, falls, lightning, extreme environmental conditions and other elementary damage.
- Deficiencies that can be traced back to failure to observe the operating notices, improper user, overload or inadequate maintenance or care.
- Damage resulting from use of spare parts, attachments or accessories and other complementary products, which are not genuine FEIN parts as the use of such parts could play a part in causing the damage pattern and/or in the emergence of such damage.
- Products that have been modified or added to.
- Power tools that have been partially or completely dismantled; these cannot be presented or sent in for warranty.
- Some states do not allow exclusions of certain warranties and/or damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you. Under no circumstances shall consequential damages be recoverable.
WARRANTY CLAIMS; CLAIMS PROCEDURES
1. The warranty claim must be made within the warranty period as laid down in Item 1. Claims must be made by presenting or sending in the entire tool in question to the seller or a FEIN warranty workshop along with the original receipt, which must contain the date of purchase and product designation.
2. Parts of a tool replaced under warranty have a new, standard warranty period of 12 months, which starts when the repaired tool is handed over to the user. Any parts not replaced are not affected and remain under their original warranty period. The warranty period for the rest of the tool is neither extended nor replaced as a result of the claim. If an entire tool has to be replaced under warranty it is warranted only for the remaining balance of its original warranty period.
3. When sending in parts, the sender (purchaser) assumes the transport risk and costs. Alternatively, the purchaser can choose to use FEIN’s collection service if such a service exists in the country in question.
4. Services relating to this warranty declaration are rendered solely by FEIN and companies expressly authorised by FEIN.
5. Claims must be made by presenting or sending in the entire tool in question to the seller or a FEIN warranty workshop along with the original receipt, which must contain the date of purchase and product designation. Power tools that have been partially or completely dismantled; these cannot be presented or sent in for warranty.